Transit Development Plan
The Transit Development Plan Study, adopted by the City of Georgetown and Capital Metro in September 2016 defines service plan needs for fixed-route bus service in Georgetown, including routing, service hours, frequency, and boundaries.
You can access the plan here: Adopted Transit Plan
Key Transit Development Plan Study components include:
- Review of relevant area studies and collecting additional data as required
- Assessment of transit needs and identifying potential transit markets
- Evaluation of transit alternatives for implementation
- Development of appropriate transit service and system alternatives
- Summary of public outreach activities
- Recommended short-range operations plan
- DRAFT financial plans to support the operations and implementation plans
City Staff and their partners at Capital Metro, CARTS, the Georgetown Health Foundation and Faith in Action will be working over the course of the next 8 months to refine service planning recommendations in the Plan including fare structure and bus stop locations. Recommendations from this working group will be presented to City Council for approval and posted to this site.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Transportation Planning Department:
Nat Waggoner, PMP, AICP