Transit Development Plan
The Transit Development Plan Study, adopted by the City of Georgetown and Capital Metro in September 2016 defined service plan needs for fixed-route bus service in Georgetown, including routing, service hours, frequency, and boundaries.
The plan resulted in the creation of the City’s first fixed-route and paratransit bus service, GoGeo, which will launch Aug. 21.
You can access the plan here: Adopted Transit Plan
Key Transit Development Plan Study components include:
- Review of relevant area studies and collecting additional data as required
- Assessment of transit needs and identifying potential transit markets
- Evaluation of transit alternatives for implementation
- Development of appropriate transit service and system alternatives
- Summary of public outreach activities
- Recommended short-range operations plan
- DRAFT financial plans to support the operations and implementation plans
If you have additional questions, contact the Transportation Planning Department at (512) 930-8171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.